Monday, March 4, 2013

Occam's Razor



How was your weekend? Mine was better probably better. But that is neither here nor there. What is also nowhere to be found is the Occam's Razor / They Found My Naked Corpse Face Down in The Snow split. Seriously though, I have been looking for that shit for a year or something, not that actively but still. Tonight I indirectly talked to a few cats who are in the same boat. So I have given up, but if by some miracle you have that split give it to me please, just out of principle. Nothing bugs me more than knowing an album exists and not being able to find it, because then it becomes some weird discography filling obsession that takes up hours of my evenings.

As an editorial, I would like to point out that literally as I finished writing the above paragraph this dude Vasilis Papastergiou found the split with Naked Corpse and sent me the link. I'm hella stoked on it, you have no idea. Or maybe you do, I don't know you that well.

Have you ever heard Occam's Razor before? Shit is dope. They were a band from Fresno. I don't know the years they were active, but one of their releases was one of the first Discos Huelga releases I think. Don't quote me on that, but yeah. I don't know if the dudes are in any other bands, but if they are I'm sure shit is real good.

Occam's Razor was a band that sort of is the definition of what people call "Skramz". Really chaotic, fast and heavy screamy music. They also seem to just do whatever the fuck they want, so its not like all the songs sound the same or anything. Basically they are the sickest screams band a scream kid has never heard of, gonna listen to it and be like "dang". Check the shit out below, and that video. You can pick up the albums and stuff from various distros online and shit, so get it if you like it. But let us be honest for a second: you will like it. Word.



***






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jordan, the amazing drummer from Occam's Razor, is in a band called Reptilian Shapeshifters now. They're pretty amazing.

http://reptilianshapeshifters.bandcamp.com/

also, you should bootleg some of the other Naked Corpse stuff, it's all better than that.

Anonymous said...

re-upload if you can, please!