Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Heist


So my buddy Jon of Beau Navire / 50 Year Storm Records sent me this the other day and I have been bumping it consistently. I really don't know anything about the makeup of this band, other than that Jon is doing the vocals. And I think that this band isn't doing anything anymore, for whatever reason. I guess they just never really got going, which is a real fucking bummer because this shit is ill as hell.

Heist is a bay area hardcore / punk band. I am hesitant to say they are a hardcore punk band because they don't really sound like Youth Attack stuff or any of that stuff. It's like, too real punk to be just hardcore, but at the same time its too hardcore to be just straight up punk. they found a really nice middle ground and came up with 6 really cool songs. All of them are pretty short and not too complicated, but they are really fucking solid. The recording quality of the demo is really awesome, especially for a "demo". Jon's vocals are sick, and his lyrics are really cool also. All around sick band, and it fucking blows that they never really did anything because this would have been one hell of a band, if you know what I mean. It basically sounds like what I would expect to hear if I was watching some sick skate video from back in the day. Check it out, its fucking awesome. Word.

***

No comments: