Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gift Eaters

Photobucket


Gift Eaters hails from Edmonton, Alberta (yes, that's Canada). Andrew, a member of the band, sent me a message on my band's myspace saying, "If you're interested, we'd love to have our EP up for download on there. Sites like yours, while some may argue hurt the music scene, I think actually help a ton. I never would have heard of bands like Kidcrash, Loma Prieta, etc etc, if it wasn't for blogs just like this! Our EP is 5 songs. Let me know if you're interested. We just want to connect with other like minded groups of people, seeing as we are really one of maybe 3 bands in Western Canada doing this style of music. (That we know of)".

It's a worthwhile comment to include in this post, because the same is true of the way I feel I think. Gift Eaters has a unique sound with groovy guitar riffs and howled/shouted vocals. The songs contain a disctinctive, gritty melody. These guys definitely warrant a listen.

They also deserve your support.

* * *
Photobucket
Bird Omen EP

No comments: