Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Julia Brown



Julia Brown is a super chill band from Maryland that consists of the Teen Suicide kids, and I guess a bunch of their homies too. They say they are pop punk or something but I don't agree. Its like spaced out chill music, with a shit ton of instruments and stuff. Shits poppin though, on the real. I listened to it for the first time the other night when I couldn't sleep, and it was real nice. I guess they have been around for a while, but I hadn't heard about them until kind of recently when I met all those kids, and then I was talking to someone about how Maryland is killing it with music and they said something about JB doing some split on Topshelf. I guess that was when I checked them out for the first time, and by checked them out I mean I bugged Sam Ray until he gave me songs. Had to do the same thing with "Torts" to get the songs from that split thingy too.

I guess I should say something about that split: its a benefit for stopping violence against women or something like that, which is chill. If you have money you should pay for that release, its got one track from Julia, Old Grey, Modern Baseball and The Hundred Acre Woods each.

The JB album, To Be Close To You, is real dope. Its all lo-fi and grainy and shit, real warm and tender. I guess the dudes and their people also make other songs that I always see people putting on Facebook thats like 420 Love Songs or something. I don't really know what the hell it is, but here is a link to it. I can't find any videos, oh well. Below is their stuff, check it out and show the homies some love. Word.

***


No comments: