Friday, February 6, 2015

Whenskiearegray - LP Announced



Whenskiesaregray are putting out an LP soon with Mayfly, and Brooklyn Vegan is streaming a track from said album. I honestly am not a huge fan of the band, but this new track is really good and I have a feeling that this release has potential to be really tight. I hope that the rest of the record is along the same lines as this song. Its heavy and dark, and even though it is not "the jam" by any means it is still pretty dope, even though I feel like I have heard this sound a billion times before and wish that they would get out of that comfort zone and try something new. But, all in all, "We Passed Each Other Quietly" is a good song and I think the record will turn out really well. A big selling point in the various things that I have read about the album is that Mike York of Pianos Become The Teeth fame engineered this record, and even though name dropping Mike for scene cred is kind of lame there is no denying that he has done some really amazing work. Check out the track below and, as always, support the band in any way that you can.

No comments: