Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bubonic Bear



Bubonic Bear is a hardcore punk band from Philly. I don't know if that is an accurate description, but its the least wordy way to describe a band that has dark hardcore riffs which are accompanied by punk rock drumming, for the most part. I must say, right off the bat, I didn't realize that BB was a two-piece until I looked them up, even though now that I know that and am listening to their latest record it is pretty obvious. Bubonic Bear is one of those really driving hardcore bands, you know, nothing flashy and technical, just really nice crunchy riffs with super solid drumming behind it. Various websites list them as "sludge", but I don't really hear it.

Bubonic Bear is going on tour soon, so go check that out. They are playing some really dope shows. I'm going to the Baltimore one, I think.



***

No comments: