Monday, June 6, 2011

The Shy Violet



I don't know what the insider or proper term for this kind of music is, but its basically 80's influenced trippy lo-fi pop. Theres a bunch of people making music like this, so i hear, but the only group like this I have ever really listened to was Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffitti. You know, that kind of stuff.

The Shy Violet is the current moniker of Jordan Romero. He is from Frederick, Md, but now is in Savanaha, Georgia. I think. He used to be in Drug Money and made acoustic music as The Laurel Tree. Basically Jordan writes and records all this stuff himself and then sometimes plays them live with a band and other times he does it by himself.

I heard that The Shy Violet made a music video, like a real music video. I think he is getting more popular in this scene. He did some tours with Spermwhales which seemed to go well. Peaks, the most recent release, is going to be put on vinyl, I'm pretty sure, which is going to rule. I'm really stoked to hear that shit on wax. Download the three shits below. Keep an eye out for shows and his vinyl.





Word.

***


Teenager Speed


Peaks


The Clay Models

No comments: